13" Macbook Pro hard drive

Reaction score
I am a college student looking to upgrade to a Mac after having two PC laptops crap out on me in less than 4 years. Most of my questions have been answered here and via Google, but still have a ? about hardware. I see for $45 more (using edu discount), you're able to upgrade to a 320 gb hard drive. Under which circumstances would that be worth it, esp given the small amt. Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
More real estate is always nice to have, however, upgrading the hard drive in a Mac portable computer is an easy do it yourself job. My advice is buy the machine as is and do the upgrade yourself. Instead of a 320 GB you can replace it with a 500 GB and then you would have the original drive to use as a spare or for storage. Think the same way about upgrading the memory. DIY.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.