delivery time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 15" i7, 8G RAM, 7200 rpm HD, hi res screen; Macbook 13" core duo; IPhone 3Gs
Hi

I'm just wondering who has waited the longest for delivery of their new macbook pro

I ordered mine 17 days ago and counting!

So much for the 2-3 days delivery time quoted :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Hi

I'm just wondering who has waited the longest for delivery of their new macbook pro

I ordered mine 17 days ago and counting!

So much for the 2-3 days delivery time quoted :Angry-Tongue:

Apple's order confirmation gives you an estimated ship date and delivery date. Are you saying that yours actually said 2-3 days?

Because if that's the case, you might want to call Apple.

I'm guessing however that you ordered a custom build with some component that may have been in short supply?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 15" i7, 8G RAM, 7200 rpm HD, hi res screen; Macbook 13" core duo; IPhone 3Gs
Apple's order confirmation gives you an estimated ship date and delivery date. Are you saying that yours actually said 2-3 days?

Because if that's the case, you might want to call Apple.

I'm guessing however that you ordered a custom build with some component that may have been in short supply?

Hi

I think they were a bit misleading - before I placed my order, delivery estimate said 2-3 days for assembly, 2-3 days for actual delivery

Some days after the order went through they sent me a shipping date way past 2-3 days, more like 2-3 weeks if I am lucky

But yes you guessed right, I ordered custom build - i7 processor, 8G RAM, 7200rpm HD, hi res 1680-by-1050 screen - called customer support and it is being built in shanghai!

I'm in UK & I would have thought they would have some modified stock in Europe at least - surely I can't be the only user to order custom build? There's not that many options eh

Booked a holiday for a fortnight after I placed the order thinking that would be a reasonable time to expect delivery in. Was rather disappointed to find I am still waiting. :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm in UK & I would have thought they would have some modified stock in Europe at least - surely I can't be the only user to order custom build? There's not that many options eh

Apple doesn't really keep any modified stock anywhere, it wouldn't make sense, it's all assembled following just-in-time principles. That way Apple isn't suck sitting on a pile of specially configured machines that no one wants.

It's pretty common these days.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
fair enough, i understand that i guess

anyway, who cares anymore, not me, my macbook pro landed at me door today, wayhey! just installing logic nine pro now
spore seems to work on it as well which is good!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.