Dropped calls !

Reaction score
In the last week I have had 4 calls that just died whilst talking on my new Iphone 4. One of these calls could have cost me around £250 ,best to say wasn't very happy but a land line saved the day!
Anyway given up waiting for this 4.0.1 update that was due days ago and was going to cure the problem.....yeah right.
Now need to decide what to go for, the likely replacement looks like being the Samsung Galaxy S android. This is a reluctant move but after paying £179 for the Iphone upgrade maybe was hoping for too much.
Anyway there's always Iphone 5.

Reaction score
I haven't dropped a call since the 24th. My 3GS would drop a call occasionally, but the 4 has yet to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Anyway given up waiting for this 4.0.1 update that was due days ago and was going to cure the problem.....yeah right.

Huh? Where'd you get that info?

Apple's official press release last week said it would be a few weeks before the update came out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Huh? Where'd you get that info?

Apple's official press release last week said it would be a few weeks before the update came out.

There was a internet rumor that someone started about a update fix.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I remember hearing the rumor on the 25th or 26th that an update was going to be released the week following release (i.e. last week).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well sure, but why get all indignant towards Apple because a rumor turned out to not be true, especially after Apple themselves said it would be a few weeks?

Maybe I'll start a rumor that Apple is giving away Macbooks tomorrow for free and then I'm going to get mad at Apple when it doesn't happen. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro on OS X Mavericks
I don't care when who said what. I just want the I LOVE BIG PURPLE BUFFALO thing released!! But I thought it was a hardware issue, because of where the antenna was located or something. Either way, I have had 5 dropped calls and have only had 3 conversations on my phone today. Uggghhhh!!! Here's to hoping the update that will (supposedly) solve this problem is TOMORROW!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Well sure, but why get all indignant towards Apple because a rumor turned out to not be true, especially after Apple themselves said it would be a few weeks?

Maybe I'll start a rumor that Apple is giving away Macbooks tomorrow for free and then I'm going to get mad at Apple when it doesn't happen. :p

Now tell me, is it just the white Macbook or is it going to be the Macbook Pro as well? Because if it's just the white one, then I'm going to be ****** and I won't stop complaining for days! And I'll post on every forum I can find! And complain in the comments section of every article that mentions it!!!!! ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now tell me, is it just the white Macbook or is it going to be the Macbook Pro as well? Because if it's just the white one, then I'm going to be ****** and I won't stop complaining for days! And I'll post on every forum I can find! And complain in the comments section of every article that mentions it!!!!! ;P

No it's only the white one and if you hold it certain ways by covering the iSight camera, video chat won't work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
some of you may be thinking the iPhone 4 is "dropping calls" but you really are hanging up. the screen on the i4 is more sensitive then the 3G and when u have it up to your face while ur talking and say u move it or take it away quick and the screen lights up and then u put it back on ur ear, your cheek may be hitting the end call button. i realized this happened to me and i thought my call got dropped. i had the i4 since release date and only 1 call got legitly dropped since that day.
the phone is awesome, i can't fathom how amazing this phone is =]

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No it's only the white one and if you hold it certain ways by covering the iSight camera, video chat won't work.

If you really give that Macbook a Vulcan Death Grip, the Camera will pop out the front and hit you right in your eye! :D Of course that will be Apples fault also! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I heard with the new MacBook coming out that if you hold them upside down and lick the "K" key with your tongue at 2AM on Wednesdays that battery acid will drip into your eyeballs. I'm planning on suing Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I heard with the new MacBook coming out that if you hold them upside down and lick the "K" key with your tongue at 2AM on Wednesdays that battery acid will drip into your eyeballs. I'm planning on suing Apple.

Oh I dunno... that sounds like a pretty ideal situation to me. Especially considering that Wednesday's are S&M siesta nights at *fill this space with your S&M club of choice* Sweet !

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey

I tried this, but I was unable to replicate it. Must be software related.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

ZOMG why are you minimizing the problem??? YOU KNOW IT EXISTS FOR EVERYONE FOR REALZ!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
some of you may be thinking the iPhone 4 is "dropping calls" but you really are hanging up. the screen on the i4 is more sensitive then the 3G and when u have it up to your face while ur talking and say u move it or take it away quick and the screen lights up and then u put it back on ur ear, your cheek may be hitting the end call button. i realized this happened to me and i thought my call got dropped. i had the i4 since release date and only 1 call got legitly dropped since that day.
the phone is awesome, i can't fathom how amazing this phone is =]

I can believe that. This seems to have happened to me as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

You obviously don't have the latest model. I have one because a hacker friend of mine found one in a bar in China right near the plant where Apple produces them. It was left there by an Apple executive who always travels with the latest technology but carelessly leaves it sitting around. Reports say he was drunk and licking every key but that he was doing so at 2PM on Wednesday...

I'll post pictures soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.