iPhone 4 Insurance - Get it or Dump it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
I see with the introduction of the iPhone 4, now insurance companies are insuring the iPhone.

Here's a link to the insurance available: iPhone 4 Insurance: Don't Buy From AT&T | The iPhone FAQ

There's SquareTrade, MobileProtect, AppleCare(just an extended warranty), Worth Ave. Group, PhonePhix, and SafeWare.

I also saw that some credit cards might insure the iPhone, as well as some homeowners policies.

There's, of course, Best Buy, if you bought it or intend to buy it there. I won't.

Any comments on any of these policies? Or, should I just forget it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've seen where some folks have had good success with Safeware but that was for a portable computer. I would say if you're in the market for insurance that covers everything (accidental damage, loss, theft, etc) that you should read the fine print very carefully.

As for using your credit card provider's extended warranty for purchases made with their card, I would definitely read the fine print. :)

Also with some home owner's policies, items like phones, computers, jewelry, etc, may have to be listed separately (scheduled) before the insurance company will provide zero deductible coverage.

Regards.

OP
MacNNJ
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
Curious is anyone has had any experience with any of the plans I mentioned?

With my iPhone 3G I did not have any type of insurance, except the Apple Care Extended warranty. But with the high price of the iPhone 4 32 GB, I'm highly considering it. I have the Apple Care already, but wanted "true" insurance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I'd honestly look into adding it on as a rider on your homeowners insurance. That's what I've done with my cell phones, and thus far its covered everything damage and theft wise I could expect to run into, all for about 20 bucks a year with no deductible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Most homeowners and renters policies already cover your "stuff" depending on how you have set up the policy and your iPhone falls under that. Check with your current insurer, you are probably already cover, minus your standard deductible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.