making two mac talk to each other

Reaction score
I have two imac on the same wireless network, I want to more files back and forth. my wireless router is an airport express. I can't see each mac.

HELP
I'm new at this

Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
First, go to System Preferences (under the Apple icon in the upper left of your screen)→Network and make sure Airport is highlighted in the left pane and that you see a green indicator there. It should also say "connected". To the right of that it should also say, "Status: Connected" and under that, "Airport is connected to (network name) and has the IP address (IP address)." If you don't see that you are connected, your Airport Express is not set up correctly. There is a pretty good Airport Express setup tutorial here.

Now, Go to System Preferences→Sharing. Make sure you have File Sharing clicked. Then, go into Finder and see if you can see your other Mac's files there. Good luck!

OP
D
Reaction score
Macshane Thanks for the info. I had done all of that early, when I go to finder, I see the other pc, when I click on it it tell me "connecting and then not connected". From the other mac I see my mac and it is connected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
So, you can "see" from one Mac, but not the other? Did you try sharing or dropping a file to the other Mac? Can you share screens (you have to enable "screen sharing" for this)? Make sure both Macs are set up identically.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.