Im starting a Graphic Design: New Media Degree and dont know which mac to buy? hlp pl

G

goca

Im starting a Graphic Design: New Media Degree At Uni in September and need a mac for my studies and work, I was gonna buy a mac mini 1.42 GHz with all the top upgrades to last me 3 years while studying and then buy a strong Mac when i graduate!

But now im thinking will a mac mini even with all the top upgrades be good enough for all 3 years of my degree, or would it be better to get a stronger mac?

keeping in mind im a poor student with little cash to spare :(

any help would be apreciated!!!

Reaction score
I would go with an iMac 17in, after you get all the upgrades in a 1.42ghz mac mini it gets pretty expensive, while an iMac pretty much comes with everything you need. The student discount is a lot better on an iMac also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33 Ghz, 768 RAM
The iMac 17" with 1GB RAM is the best machine for your needs.
However if you want something cheaper go for an eMac with 1GB RAM

Hope this helps
Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
pphking said:
The iMac 17" with 1GB RAM is the best machine for your needs.
However if you want something cheaper go for an eMac with 1GB RAM

Couldn't agree more... I'd usually recommend the iMac 20" but if you are a limited budget than the 17" will work great for you... That G5 processor makes a HUGE difference and will save you alot of time especially in graphic design stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Yeah, for Graphic Design work, you will benefit most from a G5 processor. The iMac would be a good choice. Also, if you are a student, there is always the educational discount to help you save a few bucks. :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.