Font Question

Reaction score
My iMac includes the font "Futura Condensed Extra Bold" and i'm looking for a non-condensed form. Any ideas or advice? Thanks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Futura is a commercial font owned by Linotype corporation

You would have to buy the font, unless you can find a similar free type font.

Unfortunately commercial fonts are extremely expensive to buy. A single face (say Futura Black) could set you back something like $40. A complete family like all the Futuras would be in the $100s.

While companies like Linotype need to earn a buck, their business model. IMO, is still in the 1990s, when they were selling font collections to big publishing companies.

In the modern age where you can download albums from iTunes, Movies from the Internet and apps from various app stores, I think it is high time that font companies adapt their model to people who want to legally buy Fonts without spending more than the cost of an iPad.

Sorry for the rant, but fonts are expensive - but I think that the companies would sell more if the average user could buy them at affordable prices.

OP
V
Reaction score
Thanks...

Thanks for the info! Exactly what I was looking for and I happen to agree with ya 100%

Reaction score
Check out Macfonts @apple I'm on itouch will link later apple doing exacly that mentioned in the above post

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
There are tons of sites also that have free fonts you can download and use. Here's one I've used before:

dafont.com

You can also just use Google or Yahoo and search for "free fonts".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.