iTunes making me purchase TV shows twice

Reaction score
I bought some Family Guy TV shows on my mac at home, but when I try to download them on my iPod touch it asks me to pay for them again. Is this normal?

Btw I don't have access to my mac

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Sorry, but if you want them, you'll need to sync them from your Mac to your iPod.

iTunes does not allow for multiple downloads of music or video.

C

chas_m

It should go without saying, but just in case: your iPod and your desktop Mac should of course be using the same iTunes account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Sorry, but if you want them, you'll need to sync them from your Mac to your iPod.

iTunes does not allow for multiple downloads of music or video.
Correct.

It's a bit confusing, because apps you've paid for once can be downloaded several times for free automatically simply by "buying" it again.

But you'll be charged for music and video every time you "buy" it in iTunes, so you'll need to sync it to your other authorized devices instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
App Store vs iTunes Store

C

chas_m

App Store vs iTunes Store

True dat, but also:

Apple is in full control of the App Store and "curates" it as it sees fit.

Apple is NOT in full control of providing music and movies; the rights holders there (as represented by the RIAA and MPAA respectively) require different sort of licensing (ie you're not buying a song or movie, you are buying limited rights to a copy of said content).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.