Unable to connect to Time Capsule from Windows PC

Reaction score
Hello, I am attempting to use the Time Capsule here at work to backup a Windows PC that is used for Windows-specific programs. When accsssing Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Backup I click through the Backup Wizard to the 'Backup Type, Destination, and Name' dialog box, only to not find a place for the Time Capsule when I click on Browse... The computer is a Dell Precision PWS490 running an Intel Xeon processor at 1.6 Ghz with 2GB RAM and Windows XP Pro SP3 v.5.1. It connects to the Time Capsule through a Netgear Wireless-N 300 PCI adapter. Several Macbooks in use by other co-workers also talk to the Time Capsule. I recently installed the AirPort Utility in the PC from the Time Capsule CD. The Time Capsule is an 802.11n 1TB model and is connected to our ISP through a modem. It appears to me that the PC is not able to see the Time Capsule as a 'place' and therefore cannot connect to it for the backup, yet I can access the internet through it no problem. I would appreciate any help in making that connection. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Did you install bonjour for windows?

Can you get to the time capsule via ip address?
\\192.168.0.1 - for example - you type this in explorer's address bar.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks Ivan. Yes, I have Bonjour installed. I went to my Network Preferences under the Airport icon and looked up the TCP/IP tab and found a Router address and typed it in the address bar of my Firefox and got a window to a Motorola Terminal Adapter status?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
What I suggested wouldn't work from firefox - it has to be in explorer - Not internet explorer either - actual windows explorer (although IE may work but generally you want to be in windows explorer)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.