• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MORE APPLE COPYING :mad:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
wow its like they took a screen shot of safari and made it their interface, just changed like one or 2 things to make it uglier and more windows-ish.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
PowerBookG4 said:
wow its like they took a screen shot of safari and made it their interface, just changed like one or 2 things to make it uglier and more windows-ish.
I agree, but more in the direction that they took safari and crapped it up. thats M$ for you.:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
I'm glad I jumped on the Macintosh bandwagon... as a windows user I was sick of them always being behind. Ironic, isn't it? Since they have 95% of the market, we should be following them...

Sometimes irony is a good thing- APPLE RULES!!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
How does that line go, if you can't create, then copy. lol :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
lol, i just have to laugh at that. because that is what makes mac so great, they invent new to beat out the copy machines. so this is a good thing guys.

Reaction score
Like isaid in another thread MSoft always gives Apple the best compliments ,imitation is the best form of flattery, You know you have some of best, when the more popular strive for that "A"pple appeal ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It looks more like Netscape 8 for Windows to me, but that has been out for a while now.

E

Ey3 D

An expression I see fitting for this is "If you can't beat 'em, join'em!" so Micro$oft isn't really joining, just copying.

E

Ex_PC_Puke

rman said:
How does that line go, if you can't create, then copy. lol :)

Yep - thats what AMD did to Intel ---- I loved when Intel sued them in 1998 because we found "copyright Intel x86 1996" imbedded in their CPU micro-code along with other Intel specific code segments ...... They just copied blocks of our core code and dumped it into their product chips.

V

vuschejan

Ex_PC_Puke said:
Yep - thats what AMD did to Intel ---- I loved when Intel sued them in 1998 because we found "copyright Intel x86 1996" imbedded in their CPU micro-code along with other Intel specific code segments ...... They just copied blocks of our core code and dumped it into their product chips.

Yay for chips using Big Endian.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I just think it's funny :)

E

Ey3 D

It isn't imitating Safari, it looks like it is copying Firefox. If you took the title off, you would think it was some dude with a Firefox presentation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.