Iphone 4 Email Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 3.06 4 GB
Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

I open up mail...and all i see is no subject

and if i tap on the message...nothing happens...if i hit edit...i should get the circle to the left, but its not there. so i cant delete them. Some times it an hour later and it looks just like this. Other times within 10 mins. the messages are gone, and i'll only have one or two new email messages. Weird

This has happened about 5 times..since i got the iphone on 6/24

IMG_0128.PNG

IMG_0129.PNG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Never seen that...most likely it's an ISP issue or a connection problem with your mail servers. Does this same issue happen when you check your e-mail not on the iPhone? Who is your e-mail provider?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 3.06 4 GB
Never seen that...most likely it's an ISP issue or a connection problem with your mail servers. Does this same issue happen when you check your e-mail not on the iPhone? Who is your e-mail provider?

My providers are Yahoo..Gmail...and now mobile me.

I have two gmail accounts forwarding to my mobile me account as well as one yahoo account.

I am in the process of switching everything over to mobile me.

I do not notice anything wrong when checking email from the mac on the providers websites, or with using Mail on the mac.

Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm just wondering if your iPhone is losing connection part way through the retrieval process. Do you notice that you don't have a good data connection around the times this happens?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 3.06 4 GB
I'm just wondering if your iPhone is losing connection part way through the retrieval process. Do you notice that you don't have a good data connection around the times this happens?

I have noticed this happen in three locations, Each loc has wifi. But at my house we do have a very bad signal from att.

Reaction score
Somewhat similar problem.....iPhone 4 email worked perfect the first week, but starting today, message show in inbox with preview lines, but then when I open them for the full message, there is only a blank page. I have tired deleting and reinstalling the email account, but nothing changes. Anyone else out there with similar problem? Should I try a reset of phone?

This is with two different Gmail accounts and one Exchange account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, Acer second display 1TB Iomega HD, iPad 32GB wifi, iphone 4, sprint overdrive
I am experiencing the same issues. Inbox says new mail. New email shows up down in the bottom of the list with no subject and 1969 dated. Then if I tap the junk folder or any other folder. Close it then tap inbox the email shows up.

Reaction score
Zombie email messages

I've been using new iphone 4 for almost a week. My email from gmail has accumulating 25 zombie email messages with no content and dates of 12/31/69 or 12/31/2000. They cannot be killed and they're growing. I think the problem is with syncing between my gmail account and iphone email. If a message has been received by the iphone but then deleted by a separate PC, it used to delete itself. However, with new ios4, it apparently turns into a zombie message with no content and no way to delete. My guess is apple needs to patch ios4.

gxb

Reaction score
I have had the same problem on both my and my wife's iPhone 4's

We also get multiple copies of e-mails

None of this happens on my iPad or on our iMac or MacBook Pro

Only started happening last week ...

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 3.06 4 GB
I am experiencing the same issues. Inbox says new mail. New email shows up down in the bottom of the list with no subject and 1969 dated. Then if I tap the junk folder or any other folder. Close it then tap inbox the email shows up.

Thanks, this clears them for me also. A lot faster then the re-booting I was doing. But I havn't had to many problems with it lately.

Reaction score

I'm having the same exact issue, and my wife is having it happen almost constantly. The "opening another folder then back to inbox" seems to work, but boy is that annoying.

Does anyone know how to prevent it altogether?

Reaction score
Iphone 4 Email Issues

I am having the same Zombie email issues everyone else is having. I use AOL as my email provider. My 3GS worked flawless. My Iphone 4 is wrecking havoc. One moment the email seems to work fine. Then the next time I view my emails they say in the subject field: no subject. The dates are from 1969 and 2000. There is no text in the body and there is no option to delete them.

I've reset my phone 2 sets. Setup the mail client. Same issues.

Has anyone had any luck finding a solution?

--jeff

Reaction score
iphone 4 email fix work around

i had the same problem mentioned above in terms of being able to view emails and their subject line, but when selecting the email the email screen is empty and you cannot view the contents of the email. i believe this is a defect with the multiple tasking code and there is a code fix on the way. having said that though there is a work around below:

1. double press/click the home button to reveal the multitasking slider
2. press and hold the email icon until it gives you a minus symbol
3. click on the minus symbol to close the email app.
4. press the home button again and reselect the email app.

that should work...

Reaction score
zombie mail on IOS 4 on 3G

I experienced the same problem of zombie mail on IOS 4 installed on a 3G iPhone. I have a Gmail account. The only solution i have found so far is installing the Gmail App, any other solution not bypassing the mail client would be more than welcome.
:)
Thanks

Reaction score
Had the same issue...fixed mine...I think

I went into my mail settings and found the gmail account set up as an exchange account. I hadn't made any account changes so it must have been when I restored it from the 3Gs transfer to 4G.

I deleted the account and set it up correctly...works like a charm.

BTW: It affected all of my accounts; not just gmail...now they all seem fine.

Reaction score
question

if it was a connection or ISP issues why does the Gmail app works fine?

Reaction score
i had the same problem mentioned above in terms of being able to view emails and their subject line, but when selecting the email the email screen is empty and you cannot view the contents of the email. i believe this is a defect with the multiple tasking code and there is a code fix on the way. having said that though there is a work around below:

that should work...

I had the same problem as everyone else, this worked perfectly for me

Reaction score
You Legend - thanx so much for the awesome advice

that should work...

Thanx heaps - it fixed my problem immediately - which was mail with preview and no contents - thanx thanx thanx - cheers Hunty

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - iPhone4 - iPhone3Gs - iPod
IPhone 4 Mail Troubles - boshim attains Rockstar Status

Originally Posted by boshim

that should work...

Fulton writes: boshim attains rockstar status - indeed the work around works perfectly - annoying bug - hopefully a new fix will be around the corner. F

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.