Macbook Pro Battery Problem

Reaction score
Hi,

I use my MBP all the time as I work on it and go online at night too. I have had it 10 months and have 228 load cycles.

I checked my battery health earlier and it was at 87%..not great, but manageable but I just checked now and it's gone from 87% down to 47%?!?! How is that possible.

14u8eh4.jpg

(iStat says the same, so it's not a Coconut fault)

I have Apple Care, but I live in Turkey and although they have Apple Stores here, they don't replace batteries or do any repairs, everything gets sent to a different country so I'm told.

I've done the thing suggested on Apple's site where you should run the battery down completely and then leave it for 5 hours and then fully charge, at least once a month so what am I doing wrong?

Is 47% normal for a 10 month old MBP?

If not, what do you suggest I do? :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums.
This is not normal... so, I would reset the SMC Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) then go through another battery calibration Apple Portables: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance
When you calibrate, be sure after fully charged to leave it plugged in for a further 2hrs.
I'd also call Apple, explaining your battery health, and see what they suggest.
As for the Apple store, if there is one near you, they should be able to test your battery and replace it for you. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do that (even if it is in Turkey), unless it is an Apple reseller that doesn't have a service section, or carry spare batteries.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.