Does iBook even come with a fan?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
>.>

<.<

<.>

yes or no?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
T

Tel

Yes, you'll notice the vent for the fan located where the lid hinge is situated. The fan is only active at higher temperatures, most heat is dissipitated through the keyboard and underside of the iBook itself, this is one of the reasons why they are so quiet during normal use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
some times if your doing allot of stuff and it's getitng really warm you'll be able to hear it kick on and spin a tad , atleast mine i can hear faintly when it turns on .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Yes, my iBook's fan starts to work (louder) at 130F.

Reaction score
I have no idea if my fan works. When I play a game ( and that's the only time) it scorches the bottom of my hand with the heat from the harddrive. It kinds sucks cause after about an hour or so I can't stand the heat. If I blow a house fan across the laptop on the other side of the room it keeps it a decent temp. I'm trying to find a cooler pad that isn't too big for the 12'' ibook so I can keep the **** thing cool.

P

prophet

Dominion said:
I have no idea if my fan works. When I play a game ( and that's the only time) it scorches the bottom of my hand with the heat from the harddrive. It kinds sucks cause after about an hour or so I can't stand the heat. If I blow a house fan across the laptop on the other side of the room it keeps it a decent temp. I'm trying to find a cooler pad that isn't too big for the 12'' ibook so I can keep the **** thing cool.

HAHA! Same thing happens to me... specially when playing WoW, which makes it heat up so much that I feel like I'm hurting it or somthing. One of the things on my "list of things to get" is a keyboard so my hands aren't so uncomfortable when playing.

Reaction score
Yea, Once I move in August I'm buying a couple new desks and I'll get me a keyboard then, but for the next two months I'm couch bound :p

D

Dexter1912

i use mine on an inch thick wooden table and it gets so hot you can feel where the ibook is on the table just cause of the big heat patch it gives out crazy stuff

JRV

Reaction score
i posted about this earlier. it conserned me when out of nowhere i heard something kick on and start spinning. does the fans not being on affect the lifespan of an ibook. i mean do they wereout faster because they are allowed to get so hot?

A

amyrinth

There are utilities that you can download, I forget from where, that allow you to turn the fan on manually.

Though I have that, I only use it when I am using the iBook actually on my lap. For me it functions as more of a notebook, and until my school year starts I am using it on my desk.

The only problem with that is that my desk it metal... lol.

A

alantruly

Help for your hot laptop

Dominion said:

I have a laptop desk that I use with my ibook and it never gets hot. I haven't boken out the thermometer, but they say it cools your laptop down by 20%. It also spans across your legs to make a comfortable platform or folds at an adjustable angle to make typing easier. Looks pretty cool too.

http://www.gear4laptops.com/laptopdesk2f.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.