Who's heard of the WaiMAC

W

wifiguy

I'm interested in the WaiMAC USB2 802.11b/g wifi scanner/network adapter. Has anyone used it? Is 5dbi better than the builtin ibook antenna?

It cost allot but I am tired of lifting up the keyboard on my ibook to use my external antenna to catch those hard to reach hotspots.
their website is www.wifijp.com

Reaction score
wifiguy said:
I'm interested in the WaiMAC USB2 802.11b/g wifi scanner/network adapter. Has anyone used it? Is 5dbi better than the builtin ibook antenna?

It cost allot but I am tired of lifting up the keyboard on my ibook to use my external antenna to catch those hard to reach hotspots.
their website is www.wifijp.com

I never hear of it before, but 5dbi should pick up any wireless signal better then the ibook. Let us know what the out come is if you do buy it. I'm very interested in it also but I don't really need it yet.. Keep us posted

OP
W

wifiguy

Reflow said:
I never hear of it before, but 5dbi should pick up any wireless signal better then the ibook. Let us know what the out come is if you do buy it. I'm very interested in it also but I don't really need it yet.. Keep us posted
Well I got it 30 minutes ago. Installed the CD. It uses a control panel inside the system preferences. It's scanning response is faster than macstumbler. Almost instant. Looks better than the picture. Chrome plated on the botton and Ibook white on top. so far so good. I'll play with it some more and upload a pic when I get home. bty I am in Wendys in Shibuya Tokyo Japan. using it.. F;;kin A!

Reaction score
wifiguy said:
Well I got it 30 minutes ago. Installed the CD. It uses a control panel inside the system preferences. It's scanning response is faster than macstumbler. Almost instant. Looks better than the picture. Chrome plated on the botton and Ibook white on top. so far so good. I'll play with it some more and upload a pic when I get home. bty I am in Wendys in Shibuya Tokyo Japan. using it.. F;;kin A!

Dam, I didn't know Wendy’s had wifi. I just seen the other day that MacDonald’s now has it also :biohazard. Can you post some screen shots of it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.