Installing older version of Office

Reaction score
Hi

Im trying to install an older version of office onto my Macbook but it says that it cant because a newer version already exists on there (i had previously put a newer version on but I didn't have a key for it, so bought an older version with a key). Ive deleted all traces of the "new" version i can find but it still wont allow me to install the "old" one.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Greg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Hi

Im trying to install an older version of office onto my Macbook but it says that it cant because a newer version already exists on there (i had previously put a newer version on but I didn't have a key for it, so bought an older version with a key). Ive deleted all traces of the "new" version i can find but it still wont allow me to install the "old" one.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Greg

When you got ride of the newer version did you run Microsoft's uninstaller? They hide stuff in all kinds of places and so I'm sure you missed something.

You can reinstall the new version and then run the uninstaller to see if that fixes it.

OP
G
Reaction score
Ah managed to find the uninstaller buried away in some hidden folder, all working now

Cheers :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.