Facebook/Flickr Picture Uploading Issues

Reaction score
I've never had any problems uploading my pictures to facebook. Recently, however, I cannot upload ANY pictures to facebook through any available method besides emailing them to my personalized address.

Prior to this, I began using a plugin within Lightroom to upload them to facebook. It work beautifully until one day for no apparent reason it quite simply stopped...working. Now no matter how I try and upload pictures (manually, old uploader, new uploader, Lightroom plugin, aperature plugin, etc) it will begin to upload, get hung up about halfway through, and not budge or timeout. I've got two roomates who can successfully upload them from their inferior windows machines without issue. I've tried pluggin straight into the modem and in DMZ mode so I'm fairly sure it's not a firewall/network issue.

I've been having a lot of problems with what I think is Java. Facebook in general chat is extremely temperamental, Java heavy pages (Gawker media sites) don't load properly sometimes on multiple browsers (Firefox, Camino, Safari, Opera) Camino and Opera work best.

I've tried uploading to flikr as well with the same problem. It's not the pictures themselves, because I've tried multiple photos and one's that I've successfully uploaded in the past to no avail. I've spent HOURS fiddling with java settings, clearing caches, installing new browsers, looking through boards, but I can't fix this and it's driving me INSANE. Please help someone.

Thanks!

Model Name: MacBook Pro 15"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP11.0055.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.2f10
Serial Number (system): W86231FEVWW
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0016CB8DC86B
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

J2SE 5.0 32bit

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.