Strange Issue With Macbook/Safari

Reaction score
I purchased a MacBook in March 2010...it's been running wonderfully, however I have recently been encountering a strange issue.

When I attempt to access common sites (Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo) I sometimes get a message that says "Invalid URL: the URL "/" is invalid. This followed by a reference # beginning with a 9. At other times, when I try to access these sites I am automatically redirected to other sites. For example, sometimes Twitter redirects me to a random blog or Facebook will redirect me to an ad, MySpace, or what appears to be a blog written in German. I never had this issue when I was on my campus network but since I moved home for the summer it has become more and more prevalent.

Any ideas on what this might be? I usually visit the same group of sites everyday, some days all my sites work fine but on others i'm constantly getting redirected or the invalid URL warning.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.