• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Someone hacked their ipad to get flash on it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Someone hacked their ipad to get flash on it
Flash for Android hacked into iPad | Electronista

I dunno why you'd want to do this but someone did.

And here is a nice comment I really laughed at
This ran way better then the demo google had for flash on their nexus one. Its funniny that a hack of the plugin runs better on the iPad then the true effort of its intended platform which if i remember was the latest greatest Android software on the latest greatest Andrpid hardware which the 1Ghz snapdragon CPU. So how is it Apples hardware runs flash better?

There is still way to many issues to implement full flash on a touch device but at least this little tid bit shows us that Apples hardware is faster with graphics then Android phones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Haha, that comment was brilliant!

I personally don't miss Flash too much on my iPad, so for me this is simply a neat proof of concept. If it's ever released to the public, I might just try it out for fun, but I doubt I'll keep it for very long.

Reaction score
That comment was just too hilarious.

Someone didn't do their homework.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Let's see - Flash running under emulation = an already slow product running with more overhead. On top of this, Flash content will not be tailored to compensate for the iDevices design (ie. no hardware buttons). This should be taken as no more than proof that the iPad can handle Flash. Beyond that, I wouldn't use it. Then again, I am the kind of person that has a Flash blocker installed for each of the five browsers I have installed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.