Itunes issues

Reaction score
I have an imac 24inch running up to date software. I have been having some issues with itunes. my iphone music does not show up in itunes, and i downloaded a dj set (not illegal) it will not import into itunes. it plays in quicktime as well as vlc, but itunes will not play it or import it. the funny thing is that i dragged it the same dj set onto my iphone and it imported there. what is going on? any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Double check when you drag and drop you have "Music" under "Library" selected in iTunes. Also try using File -> Add to library and selecting an individual file to see if it will import. If it doesn't you might need to give us a bit more info eg file name / extension

OP
R
Reaction score
I just tried to import some other music that i have downloaded and imported from before, and it would also not import, but again would go straight onto my iphone. and yet still itunes does not show any music from my phone, though it does show podcasts. I have tried using the drop down menu "add to library" I have tried dragging into the itunes icon. I have tried dragging it into the itunes window. all with music highlighted under library. nothing works. I find this very strange. I even thought i saw in the music time bar thing at the top showing the songs being imported. but to my eyes i can not find it. and seeing it is perfect on my iphone i find this very very interesting.

C

chas_m

Since you have to use iTunes to sync with your phone, what you describe is simply not possible. The music is in iTunes or it could not be on your phone, simple as that.

The most likely issue is that you can't "find" the music in iTunes because its not tagged properly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.