iPad 2g{?}

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
First one just came out. A bit early to be speculating about the next one, don't you think?

Reaction score
So only during 2011, probebly the new model will be showen.??

Well, there is no date as of such. They can launch it tomorrow but that's not likely as they just launched the first one.. If they do launch the iPad 2g like they launched all their other products it's gonna be next year, yes. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
With the website still showing 7-10 days shipping I would say demand is still higher than supply so very doubtful a gen 2 is in the works at this time.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
With the website still showing 7-10 days shipping I would say demand is still higher than supply so very doubtful a gen 2 is in the works at this time.

EXACTLY!!! That was the same thing I was thinking. I've also been watching the ship times for the iPad. Generally speaking...Apple products are ready to ship within 24hrs (except high demand items like the iPad).

So as long as demand remains high for the iPad...there is no real incentive (in the short term) to move forward with a version 2. And besides...the iPad was only released in March, 2010 (May, 2010 internationally)...so it's only be out a little over 4 months (2 months internationally).

- Nick

Reaction score
Will the 2nd gen iPad look like the iPhone 4? I am going to wait for the 2nd gen in hopes that it will.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
I have been saying this on these forums a lot, but I believe the iPad 2nd Gen. will be launched this Fall. Not sure whether it will be September, October or November, but at some point this Fall we could see an iPad 2nd Gen (maybe). I say this because Apple has been very secretive with iOS 4 on the iPad, which would lead anyone to believe that a 2nd Gen. iPad may be launched alongside iOS 4 for iPad. I probably won't be buying an iPad until 2nd Gen, but I can see why those that already own one wouldn't want a new one to come out this Fall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
Also, I think the iPad is AMAZING as it is BUT it lacks a front-facing camera- which is one feature I think is absolutely necessary on a device of this nature (tablet) and cost ($500-$829).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
The 2nd generation iPad has probably been in the works since before the current model was even released. Generational changes are just as much about marketing as they are about technology. The end of life of this product has most likely already been determined and its successor is already on the drawing board.

Will the 2nd gen iPad look like the iPhone 4? I am going to wait for the 2nd gen in hopes that it will.
Boy will you be upset if it doesn't look like the iPhone! Meanwhile, I am going to be enjoying my iPad right now... today... at this very moment... while you wait for a cosmetic change that might or might not even exist.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I have been saying this on these forums a lot, but I believe the iPad 2nd Gen. will be launched this Fall. Not sure whether it will be September, October or November, but at some point this Fall we could see an iPad 2nd Gen (maybe). I say this because Apple has been very secretive with iOS 4 on the iPad, which would lead anyone to believe that a 2nd Gen. iPad may be launched alongside iOS 4 for iPad. I probably won't be buying an iPad until 2nd Gen, but I can see why those that already own one wouldn't want a new one to come out this Fall.

I completely agree. I don't think it will be a big update, might even just be an increase in RAM to go along with multitasking.

iOS 4.1 for the iPad is rumored to hit in November and I predict we'll we see the new model then, right in time for the holidays.

I don't think we'll see a camera or other major revision until next year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I dunno, releasing a new iPad six months after release would really **** off the early adopters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I dunno, releasing a new iPad six months after release would really **** off the early adopters.

And what makes you believe that Apple would care about that? The Apple I know probably wouldn't care ;)

And let's be honest, it would re-energize ipad sales for the holidays and every early adopter who was mad would be just as happy to buy more Apple products so Apple really doesn't lose anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
True, they could just give Apple Store credit like they did with the first iPhone to appease the masses.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
iOS 4.1 for the iPad is rumored to hit in November and I predict we'll we see the new model then, right in time for the holidays.

I can certainly agree with the logic for an updated or improved iPad in time for the holidays...since it's always good to have "new news" to generate sales at that time of the year.

But...I think one thing that could throw a "wrench" into the normal timing for an improved iPad for the Fall/holidays is if the sales of the current iPad continue to be strong.

The current iPad (released in March in the U.S.)...still seems to be selling strong 4+ months later...based on the 7-10 day shipping time at the U.S. Apple Store. Apple (like any other company) would probably like to "milk" all the profits/sales they can from the current iPad before launching an improved version.

We will have to wait and see what Apple does.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But here's why my theory is even stronger. 4.1 will introduce multitasking and an iPad with 512mb of RAM will multitask much better than one with 256mb and I'm thinking that's exactly why Apple will release a minor upgrade this fall.

And that shipping time is right now, it will most likely slow down dramatically by later this fall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
With IOS4.1 around the corner for the current iPad I really would be surprised if a new
model appears before 2011. I also never get upset when a new model is introduced in fact just the opposite if it has enough changes that warrant getting it I will.

Reaction score
Absolutely agree that we will see an iPad update by this Christmas.

I will, however, wait to jump until the chassis is redesigned and significantly lightened.

I think that is the primary usability concern of the device.

C

chas_m

There is ZERO chance of an upgrade to the iPad this year. ZERO.

Earliest I would look for a new iPad model would be a year from now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.