Case not helping at all.

Reaction score
I was hoping my new Iphone 4 would be fine after installing a silicon case.
I was wrong.
Even with the case, when not even holding on to the Iphone, the bars would randomly drop to zero and I would lose internet connection.
I laid my phone and my sons 3G on a table to compare.
His bars remained constant at 4 bars when mine would randomly drop to zero.
It seems putting a bumper or case isn’t going to solve the signal issue.
I’m losing signal when I’m not even holding the phone.
I’m disappointed big time.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That does not sound right at all. I would take the phone in to Apple and see what they say. Signal should not be moving around if the phone is just sitting there and the 3g right next to it not moving shows something is wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I would return it! I got a cheap 1 dollar case on ebay and I always have full bars along with always getting a 3G connection. I have never had a problem with a dropped call. Your problem seems to be outside the norm even considering the "current problems."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If your signal is fluctuating without even touching it, then you need to first restore the phone to make sure it's not a software glitch. If that doesn't fix it, then you have a hardware problem and need to get the phone replaced.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.