VERY VERY strange tihng just happened

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
I was reading my notes univ library [on my ibook, bought dec 2004] while listening to Bob Marley.

Applications running:
Preview, Itunes, Keynote, firefox

and all of a sudden, my ibook turns off...by itself. Not the regular shutdown sequence, but turn off in a matter of 0.5 second.

I waited for a couple of minutes, and turned it on again, I got the following message:
error.tiff

The date was however, not set to the one mentioned in the picture, but to Wednesday, Dec 31 1969.

So, what really happened here...I'm puzzled...and typing this from my ibook...it seems to be running fine.

edit: if it plays up more, I'll uppdate.

jtr

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
On the Date & Time status in the menu bar, click on "Set date & time automatically:" to set your computer to the correct time again. Your computer should be fine after that. Otherwise, you might run into some apps being expired, if you are on a trial of some sort.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
hehe, thanks for the help. i do know how to fix the time btw :) ...i guess my question was unclear. what caused that hissy fit from the laptop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
strange... i'd like to know what happened to ur computer too :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Power management issues.

The PMU is the part of the iBook that regulates the power - if that decides to play up the whole system will conk out.

To reset the PMU, hold down “Shift-Control-Option-Power. It should fix any recurring PMU issues you might be having.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Your iBook felt that you were not paying enough attention to your school work. So it got your attention the best way it know how. :p ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
My Powerbook did the same thing a couple months ago. I hit ok and it never came back again. And the time was still correct for me too, which really confused me...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.