iPhone 4 prepared for shipment!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 3GS 16GB Ipad 16GB
Happy 4th I want to say first off to everyone. Anyway I logged into my Apple account on the website and it says "Prepared for shipment" so my question is how long does it take to ship out after it says that? The date on my order says it will not ship until July 14th is there any chance of receiving it and earlier than the 14th.

Reaction score
I got the same message.

Just yesterday I checked my status and it showed "prepared for shipment" I ordered mine June 21 in late afternoon. My delivery time still shows July 14th but I think it will come early as this week since its already in this stage :) I pray and pray.

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
^^^ my same thoughts! Welcome to the forum by the way!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Ahhh the excitement! Congrats to both of you and welcome :)

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
^^^ thank you and nice to see another so-cal woman on the forum! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
Happy 4th I want to say first off to everyone. Anyway I logged into my Apple account on the website and it says "Prepared for shipment" so my question is how long does it take to ship out after it says that? The date on my order says it will not ship until July 14th is there any chance of receiving it and earlier than the 14th.

It usually ships out within the next day or so. You are almost there. :)

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
^^^ than so excited to hear that!!!

Reaction score
I'm confused?

Mine says "prepared to ship" as well.
My bank account currently doesn't have 210 in it right now so I went to change the debit card number and it says I cant because it's prepared to ship and no further changes can be made.
When I purchased the phone it showed up on my bank account online that Apple debited 210. HOwever within a few days it dropped off and I can't seem to see if it actually ws debited. Will they recharge me again for 210 when it ships? or is it done already? what happens the amount isnt in my account, they dont give the iphone to someone else do they?

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it's done already. if it says prepared to ship your card has already been authorized!

Reaction score
Alright, but if that's the case then why in looking back did the charge just drop? or maybe it dropped off but they still took the money out of my bank account when i ordered on june 19th? i'm SO confused!

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
From Schweb: I should probably explain this "hold" concept because alot of people don't understand it.

Companies will often authorize a card for the entire amount, or a portion of it, and that authorization usually only shows up for one or two days depending on your bank or credit card company. Nothing was actually charged and nothing is really being "held". Some banks don't even show you these temporary authorizations at all since they're really meaningless to the end consumer.

Once the items ship, then the company actually charges the card.

Reaction score
When is it reallly going to come?

I order my Iphone4 through apple.com june 17th around 6am and it says that mine will ship by july 14th and july 2nd and 3rd my status moved to prepared for shipment my account finally got charged and I thought they just might send out the iphone early, but when I checked my account yesterday my status went back down to Not yet Shipped... Apple is really messing with my emotions :(

Reaction score
ordered mine on june 17th, on july 2nd status changed to prepared for shipment.

today, i got the email it has been shipped. expected delivery date of july 9th.

Reaction score
A whole slew of people moved to "prepared for shipment" on Fri night night/Sat morning. Some have been shipped and should arrive later this week. Some, like mine, have been at "prepared for shipment" for 4 days. Also people that ordered 1 week after most of us have already been shipped. There seems to be no methodological way Apple is shipping these out. Very random and it's annoying. If I ordered over a week before Joe Shmo, I should definitely get my phone before he does. Two thumbs down for Apple.

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
^^^did you call apple? maybe there is an issue with your order!

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Still waiting for my status to be changed shipped. After all this waiting the phone better not have any issues!!!

OP
Buddha_luver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OMG it just now shipped!!! I am so happy!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 11 inch 2012, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4S(soon to be iphone5), iPad 4g/wifi.
I ordered mine from AT&T on July 3rd. Should be here tomorrow:D. Now, I just have to figure out how to switch over from my 3G...off to research this..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.