Help please

Reaction score
Hi all, I've had my 21.5" iMac for six months and I love it. Sadly in the last month or so, things have slowed down. It takes forever to load some web pages and email load speed is terrible. What has happened? Is there a way to fix this by myself or do I need some help? I'm a 55 year old idiot so be gentle.

OP
style0
Reaction score
OK, I'll start with those steps.

I am plugging my iMac directly into an AT&T 2701HG-B 2 Wire Gateway DSL modem. I've also got a PS3 and an old PC laptop in the basement that wirelessly connect to the Gateway. Neither one of them has been turned on, or using the connection for weeks so they shouldn't be causing any trouble. I'm not sure when the slow down started, but it may have been after the last software update, I've seen some others complaining about similar slow downs after the update.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Which is the Apple key on the newer wireless keyboards?

It's the "command" key. I guess Apple has decided not to print the Apple symbol on that key anymore (both wired & wireless keyboards).

- Nick

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I think there might be too much trash on your Mac, use CleanMyMac to get it fresh.

Onyx, referenced in the guide I posted previously, is free and will clean out caches just like this one will. Regardless, that's probably not the cause.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.