Is it right/worth it for me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.0ghz, 4GB, 500GB HDD. 32GB 4th Gen iPhone (Verizon)
So,

I love my apple products, my macbooks, iPods and everything. I have a 2nd Generation iPod touch 16GB and it has long been filled up. I would love a 3G iPod Touch in 64GB, but an wondering, would an iPad work just as good or better than me for the price? How much would a 32/64GB iPad/iTouch run me? Convince me.

Reaction score
If you need portability then go with the iPod Touch, if you want a new thing for games, video, music, etc. but don't mind size then go with the iPad.

I'll edit this with more information later if needed.

C

chas_m

I've yet to meet anyone who didn't love their iPad, even those who were skeptical at first. The larger size makes it more than just "a big iPod Touch"; it opens up a whole range of additional possibilities.

The prices for an iPad are not exactly secret, they are right there on Apple's page: $599/699 for the Wifi 32/64 iPad, $729/829 for the 32/64 3G model.

Rather than me trying to convince you, I'd just pay a visit to the lovely Apple Store they have in Nashville (Green Hills) or MacAuthority on Lindell Avenue (or a Best Buy if you really must) and play with one for a while. You'll know. :)

Looking forward to visiting Nashville this Labour Day weekend. Haven't been there in many years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
You realize that if you take our advice and you end up not liking it or it ends up not suiting your needs, do NOT come back here and ask for your money back!

If you tell us a little more about what you intend to do, we might be able to give you a better answer.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I mostly use my iPod Touch for movies and apps when I go on trips. So extreme portability is not a must. (I will still keep the ipod). I like to use the web browser on trips where I don't want to take my laptop. LEt me know if that gives you a better idea of what my uses would be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
Then I think you may really enjoy the iPad, especially when it comes to viewing movies. Although it is much lighter than a traditional laptop, you still might want to go to an Apple store or a BestBuy and pick one up since it is a bit heavier than you might expect... at least it was for me. This was not a deal breaker for me by any means, but it could be an issue if you intend to hold it for any length of time.

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" June 09
How many times is the same questioned asked and answered. No one searches anymore. The sales figures speak for themselves. If a grown adult can't make a simple decision on whether to purchase an iPad they either can't afford it or know nothing about their own technological needs. No flame intended. :D

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I am just wanting to know the opinions of others who are in the same boat as me. I would like to stay around $600, new or used and would love a 64GB model, but will settle for a 32 GB... That will give me double the storage, but I think I might even run out soon with that. Do you think I would even be able to find a used 64GB iPad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" June 09
I didn't mean to incite you but you have to learn how to search for things on the Internet. Forums are a great place to learn by reading and searching. For pricing i would suggest eBay and Craigs list. There will always be some one who is unhappy with a device and willing to sell. I have a 64 gig 3G and wifi that I love. If i had a budget to work with like you have I would opt for trying to get a new 32 gig 3G and wifi, which is more than your budget but maybe you can find a used one. Good luck.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am not sure if I need a 3G though. I think a 32 GB might work for my needs though. I have alot of movies I would love to have on my device, but I think I could scale them down. What would a 32GB iPad run me?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.