airport express with mac mini

Reaction score
I own a mac mini without any airport card installed can I buy and use a airport express to connect to my existing network and get on the internet.

OP
G
Reaction score
To be more specific I am was using a Wet11 to connect my mac mini to the internet. I was wondering if although I never got a aiport card installed in my mac mini if I could by an airport express and use it to connect to the internet through linksys router downstairs

Reaction score
You need to have a wireless card in the mac mini to use airport express :)

Reaction score
Giansaz said:
To be more specific I am was using a Wet11 to connect my mac mini to the internet. I was wondering if although I never got a aiport card installed in my mac mini if I could by an airport express and use it to connect to the internet through linksys router downstairs

It should work but your mini has to be hard wired into the router because you don't have a wireless card in the mini

OP
G
Reaction score
Reflow said:
It should work but your mini has to be hard wired into the router because you don't have a wireless card in the mini

I do have a ibm thinkpad that has a wireless card installed would i beable to setup the airport express then plug my mac mini into it?

Reaction score
Giansaz said:
I do have a ibm thinkpad that has a wireless card installed would i beable to setup the airport express then plug my mac mini into it?

Yes it will work on your IBM. Also when you set up your airport express you should at least put some kind of security on it like encryption or mac filtering

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.