• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Busch Gardens Tampa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Well Im headed today to Busch Gardens Tampa for 4th weekend, with my entire family.... my brother is so nervous hes like 5'9 279lbs and wants to ride the coasters so badly... but of course doesent wanna do the walk of shame if he doesent fit, He use to weigh 450 so has come a long way! now he feels hes ready to fit. Has anyone here ever been that is overweight or with someone that is so they may give me some insight?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 GHz 1Gb(soon to be 4:) 120gb HD. 2nd gen iPod. Rip iPhone Rip iPhone 3g Rip iPad
I think he will be fine, I have seen some people I imagine in the mid 300's fit.

Im going to Busch Gardens! Williamsburg...... in about an hour or two idk.

Congrats to your bro and happy Holidays.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
I think he will be fine, I have seen some people I imagine in the mid 300's fit.

Im going to Busch Gardens! Williamsburg...... in about an hour or two idk.

Congrats to your bro and happy Holidays.

Oh WOW he will be happy to hear that!!!! Thanks Have a great 4th

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
tell your brother he has done some great work. i recently went to six flags great america with some friends that are on the large side and they rode all of the rides. some were a tight fit but they got in and went. enjoy!!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Wow 450 lbs? That's crazy and I can't believe that he lost that much weight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 GHz 1Gb(soon to be 4:) 120gb HD. 2nd gen iPod. Rip iPhone Rip iPhone 3g Rip iPad
Of course after i get typing the previous message and you talking about not being able to ride rides. I go there and after waiting an hour in line for a roller coaster im told i can not ride due to my Walking Boot. A fabric shoe to lessen stress on a Deep tissue bruise so after being kicked off. I speak to Supervisor after supervisor till I reach Head grounds operator. I then point out it says cast and Merrian webster defines cast as "to give a shape to (a substance) by pouring in liquid or plastic form into a mold and letting harden without pressure" I won. Literacy FTW.

and

macjuicy23: saw many people again today over 279lb he will be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
He'll have no issues. I've been twice (despite being in the UK!) and seen people way over that weight. A friend of mine here went too, and both he and his brother are 22-25 stone (300lbs+) and got on all rides.
I think the bigger issue is if you are tall and fat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.