Help with wireless at my office

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD
usually when i open a browser, it will take me to a screen that requires me to enter my login name and password before i can connect to the internet. this morning though, whenever i open my browser, it just shows the safari can't connect page and network diagnostic button. i know the wireless network is working because airport is picking up the signal at full strength. unfortunately i don't know the address to the normal login page... does anyone have suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Click on History, select whatever day you last were able to get on and then select the first link there.

OP
TomyDingo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aptmunich said:
Click on History, select whatever day you last were able to get on and then select the first link there.

it wasn't in my history, so i guess i should find out the address for that page

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You could also go to network utility, select traceroute and then try to traceroute google.com

It should theoretically stop at the computer that allows traffic in & out.
Just type the ip address where the traceroute stops at into safari and see if you get the page you need.

DISCLAIMER: This is purely guesswork on my part and very likely will not work... it's worth a shot though if you're really up ****-creek.

OP
TomyDingo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i was eventually able to find the logon screen and login, i bookmarked it for future reference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.