Problem Cleaning Fans - Macbook Monitor Won't Turn On

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently opened my Macbook and cleaned the fans because they were running at such a high speed. Ever since doing so my Macbook will power up, the intro sound is made, and the little white light turns on. However, nothing displays on the screen. When I close the Macbook, the little white light goes back on and pulsates like it's supposed to. If I leave the Macbook on, you can hear the fans start to run really fast, so I'm pretty sure it still works. When I opened up the notebook, I may have disconnected the ribbon between the top and bottom of the inside. Does anyone have any suggestions on why the macbook screen is not working? Thanks.

John

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only thing I can suggest is to open your MacBook up again. Check the cables very carefully to make sure they're seated properly. Look closely at the connectors to see if you might have dislodged a ribbon cable or caused damage to the connector by pulling on the cable when you opened up the machine.

As to the fans running at high speed... That could be caused by a defective thermal heat sensor or other problems on the logic board.

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
There was a video cable that was loose inside my notebook, so it is working again. However, cleaning the interior didn't help the problem of the fans spinning at a very high rate. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can possibly fix this problem?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can possibly fix this problem?
One suggestion could be...stop using your MacBook...but if course this isn't realistic!;)

The other thing to consider it that the high fan speed you are experiencing is normal.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.