• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who says this product is too good and sells too well so I'm going to discontinue it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Who says this product is too good and sells too well so I'm going to discontinue it?
Oh yeah this loony does.
Google chief: Nexus One was 'so successful, we killed it' ? The Register

I read the entire article and just laughed. What a moron. And he is CEO of Google. I'd would be ashamed to work for him (if I worked for Google that is) after he said that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Well it depends on what your definition of success is. If the Nexus One was truly designed to motivate Google's hardware partners to put Android on the best hardware out there, then it would seem as though the Nexus One was very successful.

From a technology perspective, I think the Nexus One was the showcase superphone at the time, and that set the bar.

However, I suppose even sales were successful in Google's eyes:

At launch, Andy Rubin also said he would be pleased if Google sold 150,000 Nexus One phones, and the company has apparently sold a little more than 500,000.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Well it depends on what your definition of success is. If the Nexus One was truly designed to motivate Google's hardware partners to put Android on the best hardware out there, then it would seem as though the Nexus One was very successful.

By best do you mean bigger? Am I the only one that seems to be noticing that like every new Android handset is getting bigger? I don't want a big phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2008 MBP
By best do you mean bigger? Am I the only one that seems to be noticing that like every new Android handset is getting bigger? I don't want a big phone.

I would rather have a larger phone than those tiny little slivers of phone that are hard for grownup hands to hold. Size matters and some things are too tiny.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

I think that was the goal all along. Buying the Nexus One was never a practical you had to buy the phone outright $529 +tax+Shipping = close to $600
That's a lot for a Android device that had little support from Google and no advertising. If anything I blame Google for it's failure. It really is a nice phone with a lot of power.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.