Refurbished i5 MBPs showing up on Apple Site now :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
For those interested, the i5 MBPs are now showing up on Apple's refurbs, saving us here in OZ a few hundred dollars, and in the US a couple of hundred dollars. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 3GS & iPhone4 Factory Unlocked.
how much can we save on those things? are they also eligible for applecare? i would be interested in getting one if i saved a good amount of $, thanks for the info ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Cool, wonder when/if the iPads will show up.

OP
6string
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
The 2.4GHz i5 that I have is US$1529 rather than US$1799 saving US$270.
The 2.53GHz is US$1699 rather than US$1999 saving $300
They come with full 12mth warranty, and you can get AppleCare for them too.
Safer option than a new machine, in the respect that you know they have been thoroughly inspected, rather than straight off the production line.
I have also heard that the machines generally come in as new condition, as far as scratches, etc.
The only downfall is that they come as they are.... you cannot upgrade the RAM or HD, however, these are user upgradable items, and it is cheaper for the user to do it.
The saving pays for the AppleCare :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
For those interested, the i5 MBPs are now showing up on Apple's refurbs, saving us here in OZ a few hundred dollars, and in the US a couple of hundred dollars. :)

Going to have a look now ........ 1 week off the 13"MBP now i might go a 15"MBP

Thanks for the heads up Kane :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yep our store is showing one
15.4" Macbook Pro i5 Processor $1869 AUD
What ya think ... ?? Im in the mind i can justifie the extra $368 AUD for this sleek machine ;D HAppy Happy Joy Joy ........ Very much thanks for the heads up lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Going to have a look now ........ 1 week off the 13"MBP now i might go a 15"MBP
So are you getting a Ferrari also? ;D

What ya think ... ?? Im in the mind i can justifie the extra $368 AUD for this sleek machine ;D HAppy Happy Joy Joy ........ Very much thanks for the heads up lol
I don't know the conversion currency rate to USD but I'm assuming that's a good price for it. You can later upgrade the hard drive if that is something you care about.

OP
6string
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

It would be hard not to for that price difference :)
When I saw it, I was almost tempted to return mine (within the 14day return period) and get that refurb, and save myself the $340, but it would have meant so much stuffing around, and transferring my AppleCare again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So are you getting a Ferrari also? ;D

HAHA crack up ..... No Im posting from my new 3 hrs old 13"MBP in bed with the lights off taking full advantage of those sexy backlit keyboard :D

So happy i made the upgrade, and with the saving i made NOT going 15" and being able to talk the rep down $93, ill be saving for the iPhone 4 when it finally hits us down under ......

Now another waiting game

OP
6string
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats Tattster... hope you get as much joy out of the Mac as you do out of the backlit keyboard :D

Love the backlit keyboard.... Don't know how I lived without it for so long with the white MB!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.