How to open CD tray?

Reaction score
I just acquired a G5 desktop computer, the all aluminum one. Anyway, how do you get the cd tray to open? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm not very familiar with macs.
B00011PYBI.jpg

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Eject button if you have the keyboard. F12 works too I think?

OP
T
Reaction score
I should have mentioned that I'm going to be installing leopard on a brand new hard drive, and obviously need to get the cd tray to pop out. Thanks.

Reaction score
, do these computers have a BIOS or something like it?

Macs are not PC's...the firmware mostly resides on the HD. Do Not do any of that old BIOS tweeking you did on PC's. No DOS code keystokes. Your in the Mac world now and there not toys like PC people think. Good Luck to Ya.:D

You can also hold down the mouse button on start up.

OP
T
Reaction score
You can also hold down the mouse button on start up.

What will that do?

Does anyone know the value of these computers? I bought it for $70 (with mac lcd) and plan on selling it. Btw, I'm not a windows user, I prefer linux.

Reaction score
Holding down the mouse button at startup ejects the cd/opens the tray.
If it's already running, press F12 for a few seconds, opens tray.

C

chas_m

F12 on a windows keyboard may or may not work.

The "holding the mouse button down for a while on startup" trick will work every time.

I'd really recommend you get a used (cheap) Mac keyboard to go with that machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.