Removing 4.0 upgrade on a 3G?

Reaction score
Can I dump IOS4 upgrade & go back to my prior software?

I hear only lousy things about the upgrade, and now all of my pics (images that were downloaded to phone prior to upgrade) are out of focus.

So, I am concerned about all I hear about the new software. So, can I undo the IOS4....or how long will Apple take to release a bug free upgrade to this one?

:Angry:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I had the same issue with the pics after the upgrade. I simply re-synced the pics to the phone and all is fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I had the same photo problem, them all seemed blurry, but in reality, it was just that the photos had only been stored on the iphone as a compressed pic. I synced it again and everything went to the usual size, along with the normal hd space.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Same photo issue here also. I un-synced and re-synced and all was fine.

Reaction score
Can I dump IOS4 upgrade & go back to my prior software?

I hear only lousy things about the upgrade, and now all of my pics (images that were downloaded to phone prior to upgrade) are out of focus.

So, I am concerned about all I hear about the new software. So, can I undo the IOS4....or how long will Apple take to release a bug free upgrade to this one?

:Angry:
Yes, you will need a good 3.1.3 ipsw restore file and download Recboot.

How to Downgrade Your iPhone 3G from iOS 4 to iOS 3.1.3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.