Macbook Pro Keyboard Issue. HELP!!!

Reaction score
Okay, so my issue started two years ago;
I accidentally spilled a little water (and not much at all! And note this is not a typical "I spilled liquid on my laptop") on my keyboard... my keyboard stopped working completely though!

I left the computer off for a few days but it still refused to work so I went to the apple store. They sent it off to get it fixed but then said it would cost $1200 dollars to fix it.... So I was like;heck no! I got it back from them and the computer worked just fine except for;

-the caps key
-the left shift
-the right arrow

not hard to get around at all. now two, almost three years later the n key stops working so i turned off my computer and let it chill for a bit for a day.

I come back to it and it's still not working so i turn my computer off and clean it all out... now the little squishy gummy part under the keycap... that button thing (is there a term for it?) came off so the key is totally ****ed... except that if i push lightly into the exposed part the n key works just fine (i'm not using it right now i'm pasting the letter n cause i feel like it'd be bad for the computer)...

Here are my questions;
-could i reattach the gummy button thing myself
-can my other keys be fixed?
-who should i contact?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What don't you replace the entire keyboard? Have your model number handy and go here.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.