• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Hello, i'm new here

Reaction score
Hello, I live in Germany and apple is my favorite brand. Yes, why am i here? I have a big problem. My english is not really the best. So I decide to learn it or rather to upgrade my really bad school english. That’s why I hope I can discuss a little with you about apple and perhaps I can help you with some problems. But I have a wish, can you correct me and tell me my faults. That’s very important for me, really.

oh something else.. when someone want to chat with skype and so on or be my pen pal write to me per pm. That’s would be nice.

Thank you, see you soon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
welcome aboard.... i'm from your neighboring country (Netherlands) but i live in the US, i'm sure if something you say isn't clear we can ask to explain further, no biggie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

A daily dose will do wonders for your English campus123!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
... I have a wish, can you correct me and tell me my faults. That’s very important for me, really.

oh something else.. when someone want to chat with skype and so on or be my pen pal write to me per pm. That’s would be nice.

Thank you, see you soon

Sure...

can you correct me and tell me my faults?

when someone wants to chat

Your English is quite good actually. Often the native speakers have more mistakes than that! ;)

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, I hope that it helps me because my dream is to travel for a year to the USA, Austria or UK to learn the language perfect. At school I wrote bad marks and so I must do something before I can start my first big trip.

See you later, the weather is too fantastic for the mac. :D Okay, perhaps too hot for me to go outside. 34°C in the shadow. That is are for us in Germany, unhappily.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. Yes, I hope that it helps me because my dream is to travel for a year to the USA, Austria or UK to learn the language perfectly. At school I wrote bad marks and so I must do something before I can start my first big trip.

See you later. The weather is too fantastic for the mac. :D Okay, perhaps it is too hot for me to go outside. 34°C in the shade. That is rare for us in Germany, unhappily.

it is can b shortened to it's :)

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks ;)

How can I find a pen pal? I mean on a serious way. The internet is full of fakes and gives it another interesting forums to train?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
And when something is in the past tense, add a d to it.

decided
added
subtractd
rand
didd
accentd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Welcome to the forums. As you have noticed the quickest way to learn a language is to use it around people who know it fluently. I learned a second language when I was in school but I hardly remember any of it because I had no one to practice it with. :(

If you hang out on the forums enough your english will get better. It's a good group of people here so feel free to stay and post a lot. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And when something is in the past tense, add a d to it.

decided
added
subtractd
rand
didd
accentd

C'mon, be serious!
(Just letting the OP know to be suspicious of your English "help".) :p

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Sorry, but what is the meaning of “OP”?

Original Poster. Meaning the person who made the original post. There will be a lot of short hand and slang, especially when people write on forums. Get ready for a lot of confusion. >_<"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm the German...
This implies that there is only one, and you're "it". (he?)
Just "I'm German" will suffice.

It would be nice when you correct me.
I'm sure the tense is not quite right there, but I can't tell you the "rule" you're violating.
But "would be" and "when" are different tenses in that sentence. I'd just change it all around.
"I will appreciate polite corrections of my English." Now, we frequently say "would" instead of "will" in that sentence construction, but I don't think that's correct.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
It would be nice when you correct me.
I'm sure the tense is not quite right there, but I can't tell you the "rule" you're violating.

I think the beginning of the sentence is in the conditional, and the end of the sentence is in the present tense. I would change it to "I would greatly appreciate it if you corrected me." Just a thought. :)

Also, welcome to the forums, campus123. As someone who speaks a foreign language (Spanish), I can honestly say that the best way to improve your language skills is total immersion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.