Magsafe/Battery Problem: No Magsafe light, Battery not charging

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature
The light on the Magsafe to my Mid-2007 MacBook doesn't come on and when I check the battery it says the "Battery is not charging."

The MacBook has no problem seeing that the AC is plugged in and I can run it off the power adapter just fine.

iStat Pro reports the battery has 95 cycles on it and that the battery health is 100%.

coconutBattery 2.6.6:
Picture4-2.png

Anything I can try out or do I need to bring it in for an AppleCare repair.

OP
empty_noise
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature
Okay, I have no idea what happened but the problem fixed itself...

I tried resetting SMC and PRAM to no effect, AC cord wasn't damaged, and there wasn't any dust/dirt on the connection as far I could tell,
just whatever I tried to fix it did nothing..

So I just left it turned off and unplugged overnight, tried again this morning and again in a different room, nothing.

Come back into my home office, plug it again one more time, and suddenly the MagSafe LED light comes on, I turn it on and sure enough it's charging now...

Go figure.

C

chas_m

Very often I find that bit of rock or dirt has wedged into the magsafe connector, blocking a full connection. A few puffs of air often does the trick.

A bit of metal getting caught in there can cause a short, so you have to be careful with it. Glad to hear yours is working properly now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.