iPhone Vibrates so feebly

Reaction score
I am new to the iPhone world, so please excuse the naiveté of this posting.
I am considering buying my first iPhone now, and leaving the Blackberry world. I went to see the iPhone and noticed that the vibrate feature is extremely weak. I am in meetings all day long and I always have my BB set on vibrate together with a single, semi-quiet, "boing"-type of notifier sound.
I really want to get the iPhone but I am afraid I won't be able to detect the vibration. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
I am new to the iPhone world, so please excuse the naiveté of this posting.
I am considering buying my first iPhone now, and leaving the Blackberry world. I went to see the iPhone and noticed that the vibrate feature is extremely weak. I am in meetings all day long and I always have my BB set on vibrate together with a single, semi-quiet, "boing"-type of notifier sound.
I really want to get the iPhone but I am afraid I won't be able to detect the vibration. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Are you looking for a vibrate that will set off a Richter Scale.... becuase i have had iPhone since version one and currently have an iPhone 4 and the Vibrate feature works just fine it easily alarms me when i have a call, im in meetings all day myself

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Macjuicy, are you able to feel it in your pocket?

yes but its definetly weaker than the 3gs thats for sure.... but thats definetly not a reason to not get it... keep it on your leg or next to your theigh on chair
Plus you need to pay attention talk to your friends later LMAO jk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Let's start another class action lawsuit because the vibration isn't strong enough! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
When it's on a flat surface, the vibration for the iPhone 4 definitely seems stronger than on the 3G or 3GS since more of the phone is in contact with the surface.

I've personally never had a problem with the vibrate feature. I can always feel it if it's in my pants pocket. Only time I don't always feel it is if it's in the inside pocket of my suit jacket.

Reaction score
That's a tough one. I can't say my 4 vibrates different than my 3GS because I didn't do a side by side comparison.

I can understand wanting a powerful vibrate to make sure you feel it. But I also hate when I put it on vibrate so it's not a disturbance and then it vibrates so loud that it's worse than if it was on ringer. A personal taste I guess.

Reaction score
The vibration is as strong if not stronger than any other phone I've had. My last phone got to where I could not feel it at all but I've yet to miss it on this one. This is my first iPhone BTW so I can't compare to previous versions.

Reaction score
We have three iPhone 3Gs and one iPhone 4. All four are in the Otterbox Defender case, if I put one of the 3Gs in my coat pocket I can feel the vibrating however if I place the 4 in coat pocket I don"t feel a thing. I take the iPhone 4 out of the case and place in coat pocket I can feel it vibrating. I would rather have the iPhone 4 in the Otterbox case than it running around naked. I just keep checking it when I'm in a meeting and phone is on vibrate. My two cents only.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac i7 OSX 10.6.6 4GB/iPhone
vibration...is weak ...think ...I'm breaking up with my IPhone...thrill is gone..lack of effort

Reaction score
I agree! I've only had my iPhone 4 for a week and I miss a few thing from my blackberry. Namely the strength of the vibration alert as well as the ability to customize it! Because the ip4 doesn't have a led to indicate a message I find I have to constantly check my phone to see how many messages I've missed. I usually keep my phone in my pocket and i still don't feel it. I don't want to jailbreak my phone. I think apple should have allowed for customizable profiles and/or a led light. It may sound crazy but it's making me consider returning my ip4 and going back to bberry!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.