• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Lebron James Destination?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Well being a HUGE Heat fan I am really hoping we can seal an NBA Championship by getting Lebron James... even though I have a strong feeling hes going to be a Chicago Bull... Hopefully he loves fun, sun and hot chicks and comes to Miami!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Living in Cleveland, I'm so sick of hearing about him and his choices. Honestly I hope he leaves so something else can be in the news. :)

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Living in Cleveland, I'm so sick of hearing about him and his choices. Honestly I hope he leaves so something else can be in the news. :)

I honestly dont see why he would leave a city that loves him so much where he will make the same $$ any other team is offering him... but its all about Fame and ego so with these X projects Dwellers who knows where their Loyalty stands...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 GHz 1Gb(soon to be 4:) 120gb HD. 2nd gen iPod. Rip iPhone Rip iPhone 3g Rip iPad
I see him going to the Knicks or Nets, I personally thing Mikhail Prokhorov will lure him into going to the Nets.

I honestly dont see why he would leave a city that loves him so much where he will make the same $$ any other team is offering him... but its all about Fame and ego so with these X projects Dwellers who knows where their Loyalty stands...

He wants a Ring and feels that he cant get one in Cleveland maybe. He wants a bigger market I mean how many of the Cavaliers games do you guys see a year on t.v put him in a Nets jersey and all those obnoxious yankee fans become Nets fans, buy jersey sell out arenas all that jazz. Thats just my take on the situation. Hopefully if he Keeps his word it will all be done by the 5th.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I see him going to the Knicks or Nets, I personally thing Mikhail Prokhorov will lure him into going to the Nets.

He wants a Ring and feels that he cant get one in Cleveland maybe. He wants a bigger market I mean how many of the Cavaliers games do you guys see a year on t.v put him in a Nets jersey and all those obnoxious yankee fans become Nets fans, buy jersey sell out arenas all that jazz. Thats just my take on the situation. Hopefully if he Keeps his word it will all be done by the 5th.

I agree its all about thr Ring and TV time... I think that Nets have a HUGE advantage into getting him especially with JAY-Z being an owner. Labron and JayZ are good friends so that and the HUGE payday can be a big factor in his decision... plus I think JayZ promised him he could be in his next video and the abilty to view beyonce nude lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...

I actually agree with you! I'm getting so tired of hearing about him! He quit on our team...I quit on him! I don't care where he goes, because as I see it, the Cavs can move on without him. He's almost just like another Carlos BOOZER in my mind! If he does go somewhere though, I hope it's too Miami because my favorite player is D.Wade. Having the new trio on the Heat will make them a real hard team, assuming they can play well together.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just wait until Lebronageddon hits Twitter tomorrow...it's gonna crash the whole thing.

Get ready for the fail whale of doom :)

Good thing I've got some Netflix movies coming tomorrow so I don't have to see any of that self-important idiot all day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Just wait until Lebronageddon hits Twitter tomorrow...it's gonna crash the whole thing.

Get ready for the fail whale of doom :)

Good thing I've got some Netflix movies coming tomorrow so I don't have to see any of that self-important idiot all day.

But Schweb, the entire Cleveland economy is based on his decision!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But Schweb, the entire Cleveland economy is based on his decision!

If only that were true.

In all honestly, it's more the personal ego of some out of work steel mill guys that's at stake...oh and the personal economy of Dan Gilbert. :)

I mean come on now, all Cleveland's sports teams suck...the Cavs need to get with the program. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
how/where did he get such a massive ego to take an hour of tv time to tell "us" his decision... i think ESPN has empty slots since the US is not playing worldcup soccer anymore :}

i doubt it will "blow up" Twitter...

quote from the day NL played Brazil;
The Dutch have defeated Brazil, paralyzed NATO and broken Twitter, all without a government.

:}

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
To be honest, I couldn't care less. Then again, I am a life long Laker fan. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
He's going with Miami.
So much for him coming to play for my Bulls.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats Miami...

You just earned yourself the one man who single-handedly helped the NBA leapfrog the NFL as the pro-sport closest in creditability of the WWE with his spectacle the last week.

ESPN should be ashamed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
My thoughts? If anyone on this board left their current job for one they thought would be a better fit would it be wrong? No. It is a business folks. Get over it. Now don't get me wrong when Favre left my mighty Pack I almost ended up on Shutter Island, but I digress.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My thoughts? If anyone on this board left their current job for one they thought would be a better fit would it be wrong? No. It is a business folks. Get over it. Now don't get me wrong when Favre left my mighty Pack I almost ended up on Shutter Island, but I digress.

I don't disagree with you.

But pretty much everyone in the mainstream media and most rational people agree that the way he went about turning the whole thing into a spectacle and the dumb ESPN show was over the top. Read some of the stories going on out there...he seriously tarnished his image over the way he handled this.

Would have been different if he didn't turn the entire process into something pro-wrestling would have done for attention. If he would have just made his choice like a professional, I doubt there'd be anywhere near as much drama going on.

Could anyone even imagine Michael Jordan doing something like this? Or Byrd, or Magic? Nope. They were class acts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im so Happy that we got lebron!!!! I bet he is even happier now with his decision after that PIG Dan Gilbert said such harsh words to a man that gave his team 7 years with no results! Low class for him to say what he said.... incase some of you havent read it here is the link

FOXNews.com - Cavaliers Owner Blasts LeBron James in Open Letter to Fans

lol....

You wouldn't be saying that if you didn't live in Miami ;)

While Gilbert shouldn't have went off like that and it was pretty unprofessional (and I won't even go into the use of Comic Sans), there's nothing he did say about His Self-Proclaimed Highness that isn't true. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I don't disagree with you.

But pretty much everyone in the mainstream media and most rational people agree that the way he went about turning the whole thing into a spectacle and the dumb ESPN show was over the top. Read some of the stories going on out there...he seriously tarnished his image over the way he handled this.

Would have been different if he didn't turn the entire process into something pro-wrestling would have done for attention. If he would have just made his choice like a professional, I doubt there'd be anywhere near as much drama going on.

1000% agree. The circus atmosphere was a stinking joke. Just like it was/is with Favre.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.