Opinions sought on re-installation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 24" Iphone 3GS
Hi ,
I am a relatively new Mac user, but have experience with *nix and Windows, over the last couple of months (Maybe 4) my imac has been slowing down, and showing more of the spinning beach-balls.
It has 2 Gig Ram, acres of free disk space and I tend not to run multiple apps.

There doesn't appear to be any major hardware issues (I think if something was failing, it would have failed catastrophically by now) I have installed and run Onyx and used disc utilities to repair permissions etc. This has helped somewhat, but not as much as I would like.
Googling and reading various forums (fora?) suggests that a reinstall of Snow Leopard and restore from Time Machine will help further, however that seems somewhat "UnMac-like" and so I would appreciate any suggestions, opinions or ideas
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
The spinning cursor can be caused by kernel extensions such as printer drivers like some HP and Lexmark drivers. Also turn off file sharing,windows sharing,printer sharing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.