Can you save desktop and Application layouts

Tui

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an iMac with a second monitor.

Most of my time spent on it is with 3 applications opened, all in particular postions spanning the 2 monitors. With all of them opened, they cover all available space.

My problem is, ever morning I have to open these application (Photoshop/Bridge/OpenOffice) and position them... which isn't that annoying, but I thought there must be a way to save the layout of the apps.

So, is the an option in OSX, a 3rd party app or some script to automatically open apps and lay them out on the desktop as defined by the user?

Thanks

Reaction score
Have you tried 'Automator'? which comes preloaded on OSX. I don't know that much about it but would have thought that it is capable of doing something like this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
My problem is, ever morning I have to open these application (Photoshop/Bridge/OpenOffice) and position them... .
That should only happen if someone is logging you out of your Mac, or switching it off, when you're not using it.

Try activating Fast User Switching and setting a screensaver password. Before leaving your Mac, switch to the login screen and put it to sleep.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.