iPhoto and Snow Leopard upgrade from Tiger

Reaction score
Hey guys,

If I upgrade from Tiger directly to Snow Leopard using the $30 install disc, will this render my iPhoto library and iPhoto itself unusable?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hey guys,

If I upgrade from Tiger directly to Snow Leopard using the $30 install disc, will this render my iPhoto library and iPhoto itself unusable?

First you need to tell us your computers specs...so we know if installing Snow Leopard is possible.

Thanks,

- Nick

OP
P
Reaction score
First you need to tell us your computers specs...so we know if installing Snow Leopard is possible.

Thanks,

- Nick

It's a Macbook with a Core Duo 2.0 Gigahertz with 2 gigs of RAM. If the question was whether or not I had a G5 or not, the answer is no. :)

I see that you guys get that question a lot. Should've let you know that up front. I kind of figured you guys would've assumed that I knew what I was talking about... but this IS the internet. It's bad to make those kinds of assumptions, haha :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
It's a Macbook with a Core Duo 2.0 Gigahertz with 2 gigs of RAM. If the question was whether or not I had a G5 or not, the answer is no. :)

I see that you guys get that question a lot. Should've let you know that up front. I kind of figured you guys would've assumed that I knew what I was talking about... but this IS the internet. It's bad to make those kinds of assumptions, haha :)

Yes..you guessed exactly why I asked that question.;) We do get this sort of question quite a bit...and a lot of members asking don't have a Macintosh with an Intel cpu...so upgrading to Snow Leopard is not possible.

And yes...it does help if you don't already have your Mac's specs listed in your profile (under your avatar photo)...to include this info in the post.

Ok...so you have a MacBook with an Intel processor...so you can definitely upgrade to Snow Leopard...OS 10.6.

Here's the deal with Snow Leopard. If you're upgrading from Tiger (10.4)...you're supposed to purchase the "Mac Box Set". For folks that purchased a Macintosh computer with OS 10.5 Leopard pre-installed, or if someone purchased a 10.5 Leopard install DVD...then it's ok to purchase the $29 Snow Leopard upgrade disk.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

OP
P
Reaction score
But if I just use the $30 upgrade disc, is that going to jack up my iPhoto? That's really my question.

C

chas_m

The answer to your question is "yes" if you haven't upgraded iPhoto (and the other iLife apps) to iLife 09.

So do that first if you haven't already.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.