Wireless Shows Full Connection But Internet Is Slow, How Come???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP Unibody, 2.8 ghz, 4gb ram, 500 gb HD, Iphone 4, 16gb
Hello, I have a MBP late 2009 model. My wireless internet shows it has full connection but firefox and safari are slow slow slow. Anyone have any idea what it might be? Any information you need from me just ask.

Snow Leopard 10.6.4, 17" macbook pro, 4gb ram, 500 gb Hd, airport extreme, are my specs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Did it just start? Did you change anything? Maybe your internet is just slow, is anything else slower?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, I didn't change anything. It's unpredictable. Sometimes its fast and sometimes its slow. But I can download stuff at 1.5 mbs and sometimes faster. Its something with safari/mozilla its self not sure what tho.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No, I didn't change anything. It's unpredictable. Sometimes its fast and sometimes its slow. But I can download stuff at 1.5 mbs and sometimes faster. Its something with safari/mozilla its self not sure what tho.

I'm just curious why you think it must be the browser? If it's fine sometimes but not others, that points more towards another issue like your ISP or Internet connection.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry I guess i explained it wrong. Sometimes my browser is slow sometimes it's fast. But when i download music its always fast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Speakeasy - Speed Test has a nice speed tester. If your speed is not what you are expecting, I would not hesitate to call your ISP and ask them. They are often pretty good at walking you through the diagnostic process. I wouldn't tell them you suspect issues with mulitple browsers. I'd let them tell you what the problem is.

The first thing they will do is ask you to disconnect from your wireless router and connect directly to your modem via ethernet. I would start by doing this anyway, and see if it makes any difference.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, don't know why I didn't think to do that first. Works fine now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.