• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Adjusting SIM card may fix some iPhone 4 antenna issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Something that simple is worth a try. But I would not call it definitive proof of a fix.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Something that simple is worth a try. But I would not call it definitive proof of a fix.

Agreed. There are tons of reasons someone could be having reception issues, but it's good someone shared this for people to try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I was actually reading an article where people tried to do various things with their SIM card but it didn't fix the signal problems. This could just be the placebo effect.

Reaction score
I, like many people, have been scouring the forums and news sites waiting for Apple to do or say something to address this issue. I found the article the OP is referring to earlier today as well. I tried to remove and reinsert my SIM but it didn't help. I then cut a small piece of tape to cover the contacts along the edge where they touch the SIM tray and reinserted it once again, now insulated from the tray. No change. I had turned off my Wi-fi so I could see what cell network I was on and it went from 4 bars of 3G down to Edge and then down to no service when I tried this fix just as it did before I messed with the SIM card & tray. I suppose it's possible that it may work for some people to some degree but it's clearly not the main issue here as I have read of just as many people who it didn't work for as those it did. Its likely wishful thinking more than anything at this point but who can blame anyone for a little bit of optimism as we've been left in the dark on Apple's plans for this matter so far. It would really be nice if Apple would at least put our minds at ease and let us know that they are working on a fix rather than the whole "you're holding it wrong" & "all cell phones do this to some degree" that we've been hearing.
Just my $0.02 worth. Hang in there everyone, Apple has a fairly solid history of good customer service. Fingers crossed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.