Yahoo Messenger and MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hey all!

So I am new to the world of Macs, and I am considering buying my first one. What I am curious about right now is how compatible it is with Yahoo Messenger?

Thanks!

N2M79

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Works great. Just make sure you download and install the Mac version of Yahoo Messenger. Here's the LINK.

Regards.

OP
N
Reaction score
Works great. Just make sure you download and install the Mac version of Yahoo Messenger. Here's the LINK.

Regards.

That is good to hear. My bff has a mac and I know she has had issues. I need to have messenger, and if it came down to it, I would go with a PC just to have it.

Do you use Yahoo Messenger on the Mac often?

Thanks!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, most of the folks here that do on line chatting use Adium which works fine with MS or Yahoo. Take a look at Adium for you and your GF. I think you'll find it better than Yahoo or anything else.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
The Mac version of Yahoo Messenger works just fine. I have no issues with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
No, most of the folks here that do on line chatting use Adium which works fine with MS or Yahoo. Take a look at Adium for you and your GF. I think you'll find it better than Yahoo or anything else.

Regards.

I second Adium as an awesome IM program.

A side note: Adium is a great chat client, but it does not support webcam or chat room connections.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
If you use Yahoo for video chatting, then stick with it as Adium doesn't do video. I wish it did. I use Adium for AIM, Yahoo, MSN and Facebook chat. I also use Skype separately. Also remember that every Mac comes with iChat installed already, so if you and your gf are using a Mac, iChat is also a great option because of the cam abilities.

But if you have to use Yahoo, it's no problem. I've used it before and actually liked it very much. Just wanted to get rid of the clutter, so it's gone.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I use Yahoo too - works fine. The video chat works OK - but Skype and IChat/AIM seem to has better quality so I stopped using video chat through yahoo.

It has send files and voice/sms. It is missing some stuff like those talking icons, and environments. It is pretty low level as compared to the windows version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.