How do I transfer my files from one user account to the other?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2009 Macbook Pro, iPod Touch 4th Gen
I made a new user account on my Macbook Pro and I need to put files from the first account to the other (on the same computer). Any help is appreciated!
;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
A flash Drive or an External Hard Drive might be the easiest solution, but you can transfer the files directly through the OS. Go to the user folder of the account you want to transfer the files to, *while still in your own account*. Find the folder called 'drop box', and put all of your files into this folder. You cannot open this folder, all you can do is drag files into it.

When your done that, log into the account you just transfered the files to. Go back to the same user folder (this time inside the account) and you will be able to open the drop box folder and access all of the files.

Come back and ask questions if you can't get it, I'm not on my mac so my instructions might not be very clear.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2009 Macbook Pro, iPod Touch 4th Gen
five boeckman

Thanks! I'll try that!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.