How to make admin account using a locked down account on mac os x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My school gave me a mac os x laptop and i cant play games on it how can i make a admin account so i can play these games or is there another way

BTW i canot install any programs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Get with your IT/CSA people.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If the school prevented you from installing programs, there's a reason they did it. School laptops are not for gaming and should be used only for work.

Reaction score
Nope. You need to be logged in with an Admin account to create another Admin account. Basic networking. The only thing you can possibly do is get with your IT people and ask for admin rights to install software. Chances are if you got a locked down computer in the first place, the answer will be no.

If you want to play games, why don't you just get a cheap PC laptop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
There weirdos so is there anything else i can do,

Thanks for your help guys :)

No, and I strongly suggest you read our Community Guidelines. What you're asking to be able to do would most likely involve using some illegal software or doing something illegal. You may want to stop while you're ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.