Help: lost notes on iPhone when upgrading to 4.0

Reaction score
I have lost my notes stored on my iPhone when upgrading the software to version 4.

is there anyway I can downgrade or retrieve these notes.

My mac has a time capsule but I don't know if this will help.

I have tried to restore the phone on iTunes to a backed up version however the backup version is either the current version or is very old.

PLEASE HELP ASAP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
I have lost my notes stored on my iPhone when upgrading the software to version 4.

is there anyway I can downgrade or retrieve these notes.

My mac has a time capsule but I don't know if this will help.

I have tried to restore the phone on iTunes to a backed up version however the backup version is either the current version or is very old.

PLEASE HELP ASAP

I have actually seen this a few times, which is disheartening. At this time i have been unable to find a solution to this issue on the internet and with my own digging.

I will try to keep this updated if no one else has a response that fixes your issue.

Reaction score
lost notes on iphone

It happened to me even when I was using a 3G phone after sync with my mac.
Went to the apple store and see if they know. Here is what they said:

open mail tool (the stamp) and you will see the notes on left side.. see if it helps.

Reaction score
i had the same problem. i had no idea what happened. i tried checking my mail (and suggested above) and there were my notes!

i was curious as to what happened..
turns out i had been saving my notes to my gmail account but at some point i had turned off the little "Notes" switch in the settings, so my gmail notes just disappeared.

The switch i am talking about is this one:
(Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > [name]@gmail.com > Notes)

and since there were no gmail Notes, i couldn't even get the "Accounts" page. at first i thought Notes was busted from the last upgrade but it wasn't. apparently you can not go to the "Accounts" page if you don't have any accounts to choose from. makes sense, i guess. but it confused me since it just basically disappeared. (and i had forgotten about switching the notes off)

anyway, if i switch it back On, my gmail notes show up in the Notes app again.
even if i leave it Off, i can find my notes in my mail box under the Notes tab.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.