Help, no video from youtube??

Reaction score
didnt change any settings....just went to youtube yesterday and only shows a black square in place of the video now. same thing on other video websites. what gives?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
Perhaps it's lack of Flashplayer...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD
Try updating your flash player to adobe 10.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
yeah you probably got the new safari right.. when you download it it does not automatically get the flash player you have yo DL it again.. i was like why does not videos not play for a day then i figured it out

OP
L
Reaction score
yeah you probably got the new safari right.. when you download it it does not automatically get the flash player you have yo DL it again.. i was like why does not videos not play for a day then i figured it out

well yea I was prompted to update the mac a few days ago....so do I have to go to adobe's site and update it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
well yea I was prompted to update the mac a few days ago....so do I have to go to adobe's site and update it?
Short answer yes. Sometimes Apple includes updates to Flash in its Software Update feature but you can always get the latest version from Adobe's website. Reinstalling Flash will probably solve your problem.

You can also try using YouTube in HTML 5 instead of Flash by going here YouTube - HTML5.. Not all YouTube videos are in HTML 5 so you will still need Flash for those that are not but a decent amount are in HTML 5.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.