• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Swype coming to the iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Swype looks beyond Droid X to the iPhone | The Digital Home - CNET News

If you don't no what Swype is, it's a technology that lets people drag their finger from letter to letter to type out a message. IT appears to be fast and accurate.

Here is a video of Swype in action YouTube - How to Swype!

Sorry if this is old, I did a search and couldn't find anything.

There is absolutely no indication in that article that this is coming to the iPhone. It is purely wishful thinking on their part, and they stated as much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
I don't see what the big deal is with swype. I type on my iphone just fine and it would not seem natural at all for me to simply glide my finger across the screen. I guess it all depends on what you use first.

My friends with blackberries and droids suck at touchscreen typing...but I'm the exact opposite. I'm about 5 times faster on my iphone than I am on my brothers Droid slide out keypad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.