Macbook wont start up!?

Reaction score
hi there.

my macbook wont start up anymore.It just gets stuck on the apple logo.

It is 2 years old and has snow leopard, 4 gb of ram and a 120 gb HD. I have tried the following things:

-Started up with a boot up a disk. which led me to installer where i could access terminal and disk utility. In terminal I tried the code fsck but got nothing. in disk utility i went to the first aid option and the to verify the disk and repair it but both failed. in doing so i noticed that the hard drive is still mostly used up showing me that the files are still
there.

-I have tried to boot it up in safe mode but nothing happens.

- I have burnt a program called disk warrior to a dvd and am able to click on it when i hold option at start up. However it justl oads for 5 minutes and then a "no entry sign" appears on screen.

Im lost! Any recommendations?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
Sounds like a hard drive failure. Look into replacing the hard drive. You may want to try buying an enclosure and plugging it into another Mac to see if your data is retrievable.

To confirm failure, put your ear up to the left side of the palm rest. If you hear ticking, its bad news.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.